Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving/Black Friday

Still no update on the Montessori position - or really any other job at this point. Will I ever be hired for a position that requires my degree? I am slightly afraid to pray for patience because what if God decides to test me even further??

However, God is good and all is well around here. Thanksgiving was so awesome and so perfect. I didn't wake up to an alarm and quite enjoyed my morning spent lounging around. Thanksgiving dinner was hosted by my aunt and uncle at their newly-completed home. It was great to see all the members of my family (minus the Virginia branch) and catch up. My cousin is pregnant with twins so this is the last we will see of her until 2012/after the birth. We all enjoyed a magic show by the ten-year-old future performer; his tricks were good and his mistakes were hilarious. Another cousin couldn't quite figure out the touch sink (so cool!)...I quite enjoyed laughing at him. All in all, a fantastic day and a reminder of how thankful I am for my family.

Thanksgiving is definitely my favorite holiday because all the attention is on family, food, friends, and feelings of appreciation and gratitude. There is no emphasis on presents. Christmas is a fun holiday but I feel that the best parts are diluted by the commercialism of the holiday. But Thanksgiving reminds people to adopt the appropriate attitude, consume an overabundance of uber-delicious food, and relax with loved ones.

And then there is the optional Black Friday shopping. I love it.

I have never stood in line for anything before. I've been to a few stores in years past with the sole purpose of browsing and enjoying the crowds (at the outlet malls where there are no fist-fights!). This year, however, I had my heart set on obtaining a Kindle. If a job abroad comes through then I deeply desire a way to transport my precious library with me; I absolutely adore reading...number one stress-reliever. Target had the Kindle Keyboard 3G on sale for $85 (regularly retailing around $149). My sister's employee discount and a coupon knocked the price down to $73! I practiced some thanksgiving twice: (1) after I was ushered into a warm 72*F building at 12:02 with thirty other people and (2) after I got my Kindle!

Currently, instead of obsessing over refreshing my inbox every fifteen minutes, I am losing myself in books on my Kindle. Oh, happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment