Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hook Me Up!

The more and more I talk about (potentially) going to South Korea, the more I get "Oh, I know someone living/teaching/working/breathing over there! They live in ____ city! Let me hook you up with them/him/her!"

Thank you.

Even the thought of moving to a foreign country is freaking me out. Mostly because they don't speak Spanish. Am I going to have anything in common with the South Koreans I meet?

And then you all remind me that there's something bigger: community that stretches across the biggest ocean and beyond passport control. I can leave my family, friends, church, and home to arrive in a foreign airport and meet people who care. Because I'm part of the Church. Because God works in South Korea too. Because love isn't limited by arbitrary international borders.

And going to meet people who are ready to love me makes everything much less scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment