I am safely here and I know this is exactly where I am supposed to be. Knowing that I am in the center of God's will brings a lot of peace and comfort and certainty; that knowledge also helps when parts of South Korea seem a little overwhelming. I am so excited by the challenges I will face here and so excited by the little comforts that God has already blessed me with!
The first blessing was the trans-Pacific flight seating arrangement. The second flight in my journey was from San Francisco to Seoul with a duration of 11.5 hours. I was seated in row 53 - WAY back in the plane. However, our flight was not at all full and I had the entire row (3 seats) to myself. I was able to use all three pillows and blankets to sleep on and I could stretch out. I didn't pay attention to the passing of time. Instead, I slept a bit right after take off and then watched Bollywood movies and one weak English-language movie. The food was tolerable, though my stomach was very upset because of the lack of sleep. However, Singapore Airlines was a great carrier to fly with... the movie screens in the picture above each had their own remote and MANY movie and TV selections.
When I arrived I found the airport very easy to navigate. My bags also arrived safely! Mr. Mark (my vice principal) and my friend Heather were waiting for me when I exited the airport. They were both so helpful and delivered me safely to my little apartment. My initial impression of South Korea was very positive. It is an advanced, modern country with beautiful landscapes and lovely architecture.
I have so much more to write, but at this moment I would rather go out and experience more than sit and write about what has happened. Until later!
No comments:
Post a Comment