My mom's side of the family came over this afternoon for a good-bye party/Grandma's 77th birthday party. It was so nice to see everyone! One of my roommate's from college was also in the Chicagoland area visiting family so she stopped by for a few hours - it was great to see her.
Tomorrow is going to be an exhaustively busy day and I am dreading it. Breakfast with my dad, one last trip to Target, another Starbucks, stopping by the bank, etc. I am dreading tomorrow because there is so much to be accomplished. Some of the tasks I have laid out for myself are really important (like making sure all my clothing is packed) and some are only of minimal importance (making sure my towels and sheets are properly stored in the "linens" container). As a perfectionist, I feel so guilty leaving my things in less than perfectly organized condition for my mom when she moves. On the other hand, staying up all night to organize and clean instead of spending my last few hours with family is dumb.
I am so excited to move to South Korea. Who knows how long I will stay there? In the midst of my packing and organizing, I keep thinking to myself, "I don't know when I will live in the States again." Maybe for a Master's program, but then I'll be off. There is so much to see and do and learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment