Monday, February 28, 2011

One more reason

One more reason why I love life: mis amigos.

This weekend my roommate from last year came down to visit me. I think it was the shortest visit ever, but I can't blame her. She made the drive to see me when gas was at $3.45 a gallon. We spent the evening making and eating enchiladas, playing Mario Kart on the Wii, getting dessert at Ivanhoe's, and playing Wii Just Dance 2 until very late.





One more reason why I love God: His provision.

For those of you who have been keeping up with my blog, you know that I had hoped to spend this semester studying abroad in France. You also know that I was sad when I realized that wouldn't happen and uncertain why God had me here in Indiana instead. Halfway through the semester I can honestly say that I am so glad to be here. I never through that Indiana would bring me joy this semester, but that just goes to show you what a difference God can make. My attitude should not be determined by my location, nor should I limit God's provisions and blessings by my own assessment of geography. In the end, place really has nothing to do with it - people are what make the biggest difference. If I had spent a semester in France I would have been starting from square one friendship-wise. I wouldn't have known a soul when I arrived and I would have spent the past two months trying to build meaningful friendships, learning French, doing homework, and traveling. That was my version of this semester. God's version obviously won and is so much better. I have spent the past two months being with friends and deepening those relationships. I am overjoyed taking care of a little girl. I have no homework and I can communicate just fine here in English. I still get to go to France and travel (4 days!).

This week as I fill out job applications I am looking forward to prayerfully considering where God will take me. I would love to work in Europe with people - either as a teacher or in some other capacity which promotes community and language. However, if God puts me here in the US, than I want to have a good attitude about it - and pay off my student loans as quick as possible so I can move to Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment