Sunday, April 3, 2011

Little update on my life...

- My roommate and I went to a Zumba two-hour event with a "Hollywood" theme this past Friday. We were supposed to dress up; the "Best Costume" winner receives free classes or something equally appealing to this college student. However, my workout wear is nothing fancy and the idea of spending extra money and effort was unappealing. Among the more interesting costumes that night was a lady from the community in black face. Needless to say, my roommate and I were quite shocked and said to ourselves, "Only here...only here."

- My aunt and uncle came to visit my sister and me this weekend. It was really nice seeing them and being able to show my aunt the campus. My uncle was incredibly helpful to me, helping me with my pobre coche and discussing finances for my upcoming class. These are two areas where my ineptitude is astounding: cars completely baffle me in anything beyond driving and finances give me a headache. I wish that money could just grow on trees (and that there would be a whole orchard in my backyard). However, in my weaknesses I avail myself to the grace of others and that is a rewarding (and HUMBLING) experience.

- My application for my second summer class is almost done! Tonight my professor emulated her husband and was a veritable saint. She stayed up super late and rephrased, typed, advised, summarized, corrected, and accomplished a lot. When this application is approved I will be able to keep my student loans in deferment until February of 2012. That's HUGE. By February of 2012 I should have a job that will pay me enough to live and pay off my loans. (I hope, I hope, I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment