Monday, April 25, 2011

God story!

While I have not begun actual packing yet, I have been mentally packing and unpacking and repacking for the last six weeks. There are index cards and sticky notes around my bed, my laptop, and other "important" places, reminding me of things I need to remember or buy before I leave. There is also a "wish list" of sorts that I complied: packing cubes, a nice travel alarm clock, spiffy luggage tags, another electric plug adapter, a book to read on the plane, etc. I made the list, found the items on Amazon, looked at my budget, and threw the list away.

On Saturday, my mom came to celebrate Easter with me. She also brought all my mail that had just been accumulating at home, including my textbooks and other packages. One package was large and unfamiliar; I didn't order it. It was shipped to my grandma and in her elegant handwriting my name was attached to the front. What could it be?

I opened the package and inside were the green packing cubes I had wanted to order online! And further down was a new travel alarm clock (with batteries!!)!

Speechless, I just looked at my mama and she said, "Well, does your grandmother know you or what?" I had not told anyone about my desire for packing cubes and I had only told my sister about the need for a travel alarm clock. My awesome grandma knew me well enough to considerately and kindly think that I might like these items and she knew my color preferences.

Seriously, how cool is that? God and my grandma knew my heart. I feel so loved!

1 comment:

  1. You and God make me cry - in a good way. =-) I love God, you and your Grandma very much! <3

    ReplyDelete