This morning everything is icy: the cars, the trees, my front porch, the sidewalks, the roads, etc. My housemate K and I stepped outside at five fifty AM and we both nearly fell off the steps. "Be careful Alex - it's slippery!" Duly noted.
We slipped and skid to TurboKick. Ugh. I had absolutely no energy for this six AM workout. It was rather brutal.
The only way home was back the way we came - all the way across campus. I'm grateful that my campus is really rather small because each step was treacherous. Poor K had a really impressive wipe-out. As I walked...er...skated back, I thought about how grateful I was for the clean (HOT) water that was awaiting me at home. How different my life would be if I had to walk all the way across campus (only ten minutes) to fetch clean water. And imagine how unpleasant it would be today if I had to walk all the way across campus to get water for my after-TurboKick bath. And then think about how blessed I am that I don't have to walk across campus to get clean water on nasty days like today when I'm healthy (ugh...being sick and having to get water...how do people do it?).
I have no idea where God will take me and what He will make out of my life. I'm definitely learning to ask Him first before I make my own plans. So perhaps there is the possibility that I will be walking 10+ minutes each day to get clean water.
Today I am grateful I don't. Now off to a hot shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment