Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'd like to buy a vowel

I made my first ever budget today. *gulp* I also learned that I don't have enough left over to even buy a vowel.

Now, let me clarify and elaborate before you jump to any conclusions.

First, I am working part-time right now. That means that I am not rolling in the dough (so to speak). Second, I am looking for a second part-time job that will be professionally beneficial. As in, I don't want to be working at x, y, or z retail store when creating community is my passion. Third, I have enough to cover my expenses such as rent, utilities, food, and gas. Fourth, tithing is not an option - it is expected because the money really isn't mine anyways (it's God's).

I have a feeling that there will be many posts in the future alluding to finance anxiety; but remind me that God is faithful and that He always provides. I will always have enough for my needs. My wants...well, the big one has been satisfied this semester (ahem, France) and the little ones will just have to wait until I have an awesome job and can finish paying off student loans!


I wish I were budgeting with euros...and living in Spain (or France).

No comments:

Post a Comment