Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcome to Pandora

I am in paradise.

The weather is balmy and the humidity cocoons me. My curls are responding well. Andrea and Nicole say they live in "las nubes" (the clouds). They are correct. Living on the mountain is like living in the clouds, like living in paradise.

When you go to a new country there are new smells, new sights, new sounds...the flowers are so gorgeous here! The vista driving up the mountain in the rapidito takes your breath away...Tegucigalpa, splashed in the valley and up the mountainsides, is beautiful. The birds sing a different song here. Really, I wish my words could paint a far better picture of how lovely it is. I am so thankful that I am not in the United States right now.

Today, Nicole, Andrea, Gina, and I went on a walk further up the mountain. We found a hillside and we could see for what seems like forever...



On the way back down, Andrea rocked my world. She told us about a plant that you can touch and when you touch it, it closes up. My first thought was, "Like the plants from Pandora that Jake Sully touches!" So, these aren't as big, but terribly exciting nonetheless!



I really like being here. Being here: speaking in Spanish, living a little outside my comfort zone, being warm, being thankful each day for what God has done and where He has placed me; being here is amazing. My time here has caused me to wonder about where I will be in the next few months. I'm not going to France and I know that God has plans to prosper me (I keep coming back to that verse), so I wonder what He has in store. Wondering and hoping are good things, but I must remember that I need to seek the Lord first. If I look for Him first, the rest will fall into place.

I am not sure if I could ever live here long-term. Honduras is like a rose: extremely beautiful, but with sharp thorns. I would need to develop callouses or some other sort of resistance to the pain and hurt here. However, may God's will be done.

I am soooooooo blessed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment