Friday, July 27, 2012

Dreaming

I am so thankful for summer break and the time I have to rest and relax!  This break was and is much-needed.  Time alone, time to sleep, time to read, time to write, time to pray... I've had ample time to reflect on how great God is and how thankful I am that He has given me such hope. I am so blessed!  I do feel that my blog has become repetitive regarding this theme, but I also know that life is a journey and that there are usually valleys after the mountaintops.  However, that is as it should be.  Therefore, I would rather gush about my blessings now so that when life becomes more challenging I can look back and remember that God is good all the time; He never changes.

During these past few days and in a few Skype conversations (how grateful I am for technology in my life!), I've thought and talked about my plans for after Korea.  While I have no idea when exactly "after Korea" is, I do know that this isn't the country in which I will spend the rest of my life.  I've met some fantastic people here who are passionate about the Korean people (both north and south of the DMZ), language, and culture; unfortunately, I am not one of them.  God has laid different passions on my heart and I believe He has prepared my place here to teach me more about Him and (probably) to prepare me for what He has next for me.  I just don't know what that next thing might be.  And that's okay!  I have two years here and I want to focus on the present, to enjoy my time here, to polish my chopstick skills, to become a better teacher, and to know God more.

But every once in a while I dream.  After two years here, would God provide the funding for me to enroll in a graduate program to study Linguistics or Education - Second Language Acquistion?  I looked at websites for universities and spent a lot of time looking at McGill today.  To go to school and live in Montreal?  How awesome would that be?  Or - again, if God provides (miraculously) - teach abroad in Africa?  For some reason this has been on my heart.  Those of you who know me more intimately can shake your heads in wonder... me, in Africa?  Oh, the heavens will have to move for that to happen!  But, I would be willing and I think it would be awesome to worship with the Church there.

Who knows what life will bring?  I certainly never expected to end up here in Seoul!  And yet, how thankful I am to be here.  I am so blessed.  So very, very, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment