Monday, June 11, 2012

My Boss' Faithfulness

Daily, I thank the Lord for His provision. He has brought me here, to this beautiful country, to this job, to these amazing people, and I am forever thankful. This country, this job, is exactly where I am supposed to be and nothing is as wonderful as being in the center of the Lord's Will.

One aspect of my job for which I am particularly thankful is my boss. This is a woman who desperately desires to know God's heart and has a burden for the students of South Korea. For those of you who are unaware (as I was until very recently), South Korea has one of the highest - if not the highest - suicide rates in the world. There is such pressure to do well and be perfect at one's studies, at one's job and at one's life. The pressure starts at a very early age - kindergarten! There are so many students here at my school who will finish the school day and then home to hours of private instruction and lessons. My boss feels for these children and my school is her dream and vision: a place where kids can learn in a loving and Christ-centered environment. I still don't know all the details of how my school came to be, but I knew that it was prayed for and wept over and pleaded for, and here it is and here I am.

Because of my boss' vision and the parents' requests for a school that goes into elementary school, we have been praying about what to do. Things are falling into place as the Lord directs and guides, but how thrilling and terrifying to embark on such an adventure before everything is in place!

I understand the obstacles before my boss to an extent and I am amazed by her faith. Mostly I am grateful and thankful though. If she weren't constantly praying about this situation and enquiring of the Lord's Will then things could end very badly. Starting up an elementary school requires money and so much more! I think I was would be afraid and worried that this venture would fail and that my young school might fold in the venture as well; then I couldn't stay here and I would have absolutely no idea what to do next. Concisely, I would be so worried! But as the theme for my school this week is "The Peace that Jesus Gives," I am reminded that I have no cause to worry. God is totally in charge and has demonstrated His sovereignty in bringing me and abundantly providing and He will do so too in this situation.

What an exciting time to be here! I cannot wait to see what God will do!!

1 comment:

  1. Golly....I sure love you Alex....and love how the Lord is growing you! I will be praying for your boss and your school and you -it's such a privilege to do this - for you and for me. <3

    ReplyDelete