Saturday, February 25, 2012

Processing

I just need to write and figure out what I'm feeling.

"I'm moving to South Korea." Man, words don't even begin to hit the surface of my emotions. I find myself planning, planning, planning as if that will make this transition easier. Who am I trying to kid? My life is going to be turned upside down and knocked around. I'm going to become the equivalent of a three-year-old again, a helpless infant who needs a caretaker for all the "firsts": taking a new bus line, where to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, delicious recipes to make that don't require an oven, how to order in Korean, how to effectively and lovingly teach 24-40 month-old students, and more. I am uprooting myself (intentionally) from what is known and comfortable. I am purposely leaving behind my family and friends to go do something foreign and completely unknown. Is it acceptable at times to question the state of my sanity?

I am so excited to do this. I am so excited to stretch and grow and become something more than I am now. I am so excited lean on God for the simple things. I am so curious to know what's over there, why God has me going. Who am I going to meet? How will I be different in two years?

I just don't know how this metamorphosis is going to take place. I anticipate a lot of pain and discomfort at first. Maybe it is like getting one's ear pierced (or a tattoo!)...definitely uncomfortable, but the pain subsides and what once hurt is now transformed into something desirable.

No comments:

Post a Comment