Sunday, March 1, 2009

But Alex, I wouldn't know what to put in a care package!

Yes, this is a common thought and a great fear of many. However, there is a very easy remedy to this. By definition (and according to Alex), a care package is anything consisting of a stamp and a paper with one line (or more) that is directly related to me. For example "You are missed!" is a perfectly find thing to write on an index card and post in the mail. "I am praying for you" is also equally encouraging, even if it is on a scrap of paper with a stamp.

I really don't want to be too picky - two sentences would be delightful and content me greatly. I will be upfront and say that I want mail. You, as my reader, should send me mail. I want something with a stamp (so it can get to me), my name (so I know it is mine), and a sentence (letting me know that you think of me). I hope this is not too much to ask...and if you send me something, I will send you a postcard. Bribery. Let's hope it works.

If some bug bites you and spurs you on to greater things and you feel inclined to send a package I can help you fill it up. Here are some things that I would appreciate receiving (one or more is welcome...even things on the list are welcome! Just stick the stamp on it and write a small note and you are good to go! It is the stamp and sentence more so than the package - just keep that in mind):

  • Junior Mints - my favorite candy. I don't care if it melts. I will eat it with a fork (if it is getting warm out you might want to put it in a plastic baggy though...)
  • Hershey bars with almonds - they don't have Hershey here... they have some other chocolate and it is not nearly as sweet.
  • Magazines - in English please! I like Time/Newsweek/In Style/Reader's Digest, etc...
  • Gum - I go through gum like candy. I usually buy Orbit's wintermint but I'm not that picky...
  • Double-stuffed Oreos!
  • CADBURY EGGS! I absolutely ADORE these and I am so sad not to be around when they finally make it to the stores... they don't have Cadbury eggs here... ultimate sadness....
  • Ziploc bags! I use them when I travel and they get kind of old after a while... any size: gallon, quart, sandwich...
  • Notes from you! I want to hear from you! I want to know that you are all alive!
  • Anything else that makes you think of me... again, not very picky here... the whole stamp and sentence work for me.
For those of you who might have forgotten my mailing address I am happy to remind you!

Alexandria Dungey
Semester in Spain - Acento de Trinity
Paseo de Cristina 3
Entreplanta A-B
41001 Seville
Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment