



Finally! What everyone has been asking me for! A few pictures!
More to come though... limited internet you know...
The first picture is of a very sacred part of the mosque section. I don't remember what it is called... but from the picture you can see the beautiful arch and around the arch is Arabic writing - those letters are painted in gold. They were just gorgeous!!! (I suppose I should also mention that the Mezquita is now also a church... when los reyes catolicos (Ferdinand & Isabella) reconquered Muslim al-Andalus (the part of Spain where I am now living), they and the successors converted most of the mosques into cathedrals. This is true of La Mezquita-Catedral and the Cathedral in Sevilla).
The second picture is again of Hayla and I. This time we are in LA MEZQUITA (!!!!!!!), but we could use a flash so I apologize for the dimness of the picture.
The third picture is Hayla and I in front of one the entrance gates (5 arches) to Medinat al-Zahra.
The fourth picture is from the ruins of Medinat al-Zahra. It was gorgeous!!
I will be posting more pictures on Facebook as well! Also, further details of my trip will be published...
No comments:
Post a Comment