![]() |
| Picture I took at the Plaza de España |
When I graduated from university, I did not expect to wind up here in South Korea. I truly hoped that God would open a door and take me back to Spain. He was so powerful and present in my life in Spain. I wanted both to return to a spiritually rich time of my life and also experience anew the beautiful culture that Spain offers. However, God had a different plan. Looking back, I think that Spain might have done me a disservice if I had returned after graduation. I would have been much too enamored with my return, spending more time visiting my favorite places instead of spending time with God.
I am so thankful that I am living here in South Korea. I love where I live, I love my job, I love my church, and I love the community with which God has blessed me. The mountains are a daily wonder for me (still!) and, when crossing the Han River, I still stare out the window and admire this beautiful city. However, this place will never be home for me. It is a temporary resting place - a beautiful, lovely, welcoming resting place, but a temporary place nonetheless. I continue to hope and to pray that someday I will be able to return to Spain.

No comments:
Post a Comment