Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Marveling at God's Blessings

I still wake up and feel completely overwhelmed by what the Lord has done.  I am so blessed to be here!  I am so amazed that God prepared this place for me!  And when I remember how uncertain I was at first, how I thought I wouldn't like it here, and how doubtful I was that South Korea - not Spain or Costa Rica or some other Spanish-speaking country - was the place God had for me, I am a little ashamed at how I second-guessed God.

The hardest part about being here (so far) is that no one can come visit.  I want so very much to show you, my family and friends, my favorite things here.  I want to introduce you to all the cool people I've met and watch you be entertained by my students. I want you to accompany me on my bus ride and see more of Seoul.  I want you to taste delicious dishes that I still can't quite pronounce but am very happy to eat.  I want you to look at the mountains that surround my house and school and gape in wonder at how good God is.

I really love being here and I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment